Frequently asked question
You’ve got questions. We have answers.
What is Studio Lagree?
Studio Lagree is the UK’s introduction to the evolution of fitness through the ultimate full-body workout created by Sebastien Lagree. Conducted on the custom designed third generation Megaformer™, Lagree Fitness combines strength, core, cardio, circuit training and stretching into an intense, shirt-drenching exercise experience. A new and improved workout construct with an appeal to both men and women, the Lagree Fitness experience does not fail to challenge or to deliver on its reputation.
What is Studio K-O?
Studio K-O combines strength, cardio and real boxing technique to bring out the warrior within you! Designed for all levels and capabilities, K-O delivers a thorough breakdown of boxing moves in a class-based format ranging from beginner and advanced combinations to suit a wide-range of experience using professional class Rival™ equipment and gloves. There is a strong focus on continuous punching and speed rounds for intense cardio burn-out. Conditioning exercises are designed to challenge all fitness levels and deliver incredible results; a tight, toned, strong boxer physique.
How many Lagree classes should I take each week?
The Lagree Method is designed to bring your muscles to failure. Depending on your fitness level and the intensity of your workout, you will need more or less time to recover in between classes. We recommend 2 – 3 classes per week to allow your body to properly recover and repair. Participants who become very “enthusiastic” with the workout can attend as many as 5 – 6 classes each week.
What should I know about my first class?
1. Most importantly, bring a positive and worry-free attitude.
2. Arrive 20 minutes before your class to register and familiarise yourself with the studio facilities.
3. Be prepared to enter the studio 5 minutes before class for an introduction to the Megaformer and Lagree Method of training. We take our health & safety requirements seriously, so there is no exception to a proper introduction before your first class. You will not be permitted to enter the class after the instructor has started their introduction.
4. Grip socks are required for Lagree classes. Where your feet go, your head and hands will follow. Wearing socks ensures the cleanest surfaces on the machine and floor and a safe workout. Regular socks or bare feet are not permitted in the studio. If you forget yours, we have them at the front desk available for purchase.
5. Proper boxing wraps are required for K-O classes. We hit real bags and using anything less than proper boxing wraps risks injury. If you forget yours, we have them at the front desk available for purchase.
6. You can bring a water bottle, which can be filled at our water dispenser. Bottled water is available to be purchased at reception and is free for clients (one per client) booking with Studio Lagree packages.
7. Comfortable clothing that allows your muscles to stretch and your skin to ‘breathe”.
8. Strong perfumes should be avoided as some participants may be allergic.
9. Studio towels are free for all clients (one per client).
10. Shower towels are available to hire from reception and free for clients (one per client) booking with Studio Lagree packages.
This is my first time. Should I take a group or private class?
Lagree Fitness and K-O classes do not require you to start with a private session as all classes are designed for a group setting. We do offer Introductory Classes several times during the week, however, you can jump right into our regular schedule as a beginner. All Lagree clients have their own machine in class, each exercise may be modified to suit their current fitness level. However, if you suffer from chronic back pain, painful joints or a severe medical condition, an initial private session is recommended in order to assess your fitness level.
How do I purchase and book a session?
You may use the convenient online Mindbody booking system or purchase your sessions at the studio. A full list of our prices and packages can be found on the Pricing section of our website. If you are using a tablet or smartphone, download Mindbody Connect and search for Studio Lagree UK. For PC or laptop users, click BOOK A CLASS on our home page to register and access our live Mindbody schedule.
We accept Visa & Mastercard online and all classes must be prepaid. Booking by voicemail or email is NOT a valid form of booking. We cannot guarantee you will be added to a class if you book through one of these methods.
Can I share or transfer my package of classes or personal training sessions?
Studio Lagree credit is transferable to immediate family members or partners living within the same household. Our corporate packages can also be shared with a work colleague. In order to set up the sharing of a class package, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of the family, friend or partner to be connected. Studio Lagree credit cannot be used or transferred to any other related or unrelated parties.
What does it mean if I've been added to the waitlist?
If a class is full you can elect to be added to the waitlist in hopes of being promoted to the class should a space become available. Clients that have been promoted from the waitlist will be notified by email before the class. Clients on the waitlist that have NOT yet been promoted to the class on or before class start time, are welcome to drop in before the class to see if a spot becomes available but cannot secure a spot until the start of the class.
What's your cancellation policy?
All class and personal training package sales are final and non-refundable. All class and personal training cancellations must be made no less than 12 or 24 hours, respectively, prior to the start of your scheduled session otherwise, your credit will be forfeited. Voicemail is not an acceptable form of notification. Please send an email to: email@example.com or call the studio. For class reservations only, if you notify us of your Late Cancellation before the start of the class, you can re-purchase your forfeited class for £12 for Lagree classes and £10 for K-O classes by replying to the Late Cancellation email or calling the studio before the start of the class. This ‘buy-back’ policy does not apply to Absent classes or reservations made with a Monthly Unlimited package, which will still be charged a full drop-in rate. We must have your credit card details on file or over the phone in order to re-purchase a forfeited late class.
What happens if I'm late to a class?
In order to maintain the integrity and flow of our classes, and in consideration for others, please be on time for class. After the start of the class, your spot may be given to someone on the waitlist. If there is nobody on the waitlist, we may refuse entry after a 5 minute grace period. After this cutoff you will be considered absent from the class – no exceptions. By showing up late you are coming into the class with the understanding that you may miss part of the workout. If you arrive late, it is your responsibility to follow along with the class as a second warm-up and explanation will NOT be provided. Please try to be as non-disruptive as you can when entering the room late. New clients MUST arrive at least 20 minutes prior to class and should be ready to enter the studio 5 minutes prior to class for an introduction. New clients are NOT permitted into the room after the instructor has started their introduction or the class has begun.
What happens if I need to re-schedule a class during the same day?
Due to the limited number of available spots in each class, our policy requires 12-hour advance notice for all group class cancellations or amendments. However, you are welcome to attend another class on the same day of your original booking with the opportunity to take a vacant spot provided that there are no paying drop-in clients before the start of the re-scheduled class. If you have a Monthly Unlimited package, you will be charged a full drop-in rate for your initial Late Cancellation, however, you can make a reservation for a replacement class for the same day. If you are a ClassPass client, and you are able to attend the re-scheduled class, we will sign you in for the originally booked class.
What is the best method of contacting Studio Lagree if I have a question?
Please feel free to contact us by telephone during studio hours. However, if we’re unable to take your call, simply leave us a voicemail or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond promptly. We also recommend that all clients become familiar with our automated booking system, Mindbody Online and the Mindbody Connect App, which can be found on the iTunes & Android stores. Search for Studio Lagree UK and select your location preference. It is the easiest, fastest and most accurate way to book classes. If you forget your password or need more info, please call or e-mail us.
What is your return and exchange policy?
Items purchased are eligible for exchange within 14 days of purchase and only if they have not been opened, used or damaged and the original tags are intact. No exchanges area available on sale items. Clients can try on clothing in the changing rooms only after they have notified the front desk and have provided the number of items to be tried on. Undergarments MUST be worn when trying on clothing. We can hold an item for a client for 24 hours only.
Is there somewhere I can put my personal items while at the studio?
We offer secured lockers in our changing rooms. To operate the digital locks, please enter a 4 digit code twice to lock it initially and the same code again once to open it. Therefore, we ask that you do not bring any large personal items into the studio. Please contact the front desk if any assistance with the lockers is required.
Are your class schedules always the same?
Schedules and instructors may change without notice. Class times may vary between locations. You will be notified of a class change to the class time and instructor only if you are already signed up for that class when the change takes place. Substituting instructor will be identifiable on the schedule at the time of the change, along with the original instructor. We do reserve the right to change instructors and classes without notice.
Do you have a client referral policy?
At Studio Lagree, we encourage existing clients to spread the word of “Lagree”! Any existing client that introduces a new paying client to Studio Lagree will receive a free class for any new client purchase of a 5-Class Package or more. Furthermore, any new client that purchases a 5-Class Package or more on the same visit will receive a credit for their introductory class.
I am a ClassPass, MoveGB or DIBS user, how are the policies different for me?
All ClassPass, MoveGB, or DIBS reservations and cancellations are made through the third party booking system. We CANNOT change or alter any third party reservation in any way. Any issues regarding a third party reservation should be addressed directly with them as we have no authority or ability to make any changes. We differentiate the services offered to direct Studio Lagree clients versus third party clients due to the considerable difference in margins earned from direct clients. Thus, we offer complimentary bottled water and preferential booking times to direct Studio Lagree clients.
Are there any specific policies relating to your Unlimited Packages?
The Monthly Unlimited class packages have the following additional terms & conditions:
1. Your first payment will be charged to your debit or credit card on the day of purchase and on the same day of the month for each successive payment.
2. The unlimited package can be purchased only once by each client.
3. The package is not transferable and cannot be shared.
4. There is a limit of one session per day, including waitlist.
5. Studio Lagree is not responsible for any bank overdraft or credit card limit fees due to insufficient funds.
6. Valid Mastercard or Visa details must be on file for all active accounts.
7. You may not pause or freeze a monthly unlimited membership.
8. The monthly unlimited package renews every month under the same terms until notification is given by email to email@example.com. A 3-month notification period is required for cancellation.
9. Any Late Cancellation, that is not notified to Studio Lagree earlier than 12 hours before the class, or no show may be charged at the full class rate. Notice of Early Cancellation must be provided by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or verbal confirmation with a member of Studio Lagree staff. Voicemail is not an acceptable confirmation of Early Cancellation.